Friends Without A Border is seeking a highly motivated individual with 2 to 5 years of working experience in NGO field, who embraces the mission of our organization and programs. Target starting date is October 1st.
The Manager of Communications and Development is expected to have keen attention to detail, be adept at multi-tasking, possess strong organization and writing skills, and have the ability to work with a small team on any needs that may arise and require assistance. Working closely with the Executive Director, the position will be critical to expanding our donor base and to maintaining relationships with existing donors by creating a development-based communication strategy to increase awareness of the organization on all web, print, and outreach materials. In addition, we are looking for a candidate who possesses social media experience and can assist in expanding our presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Manage integrated communication strategy across all print collaterals, web, and social media
- Manage content of website and web design
- Expand presence by managing accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and YouTube
- Create monthly e-newsletters and periodical e-blasts
- Work with hospital teams on the ground to collect information for and manage content creation of the Annual Report, while working with external graphic designer
- Assist with the creation of event invitations and corresponding collateral materials
- Monitor and respond to all donor inquiries, including the general email account
- Manage the database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Assist with preparation and implementation of fundraising events
- Create summary reports of fundraising campaigns
- Coordinate and assist the efforts of the grant team
- Prepare reports for grants and major donors
- Expand the outreach of the organization by creating new vessels for participation, including young professionals, campus chapter program, or young ambassadors
- Oversee bulk mailing process for events and campaigns
- Assist in task management of Development Interns
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 5 years of working experience in NGO
- Strong writing skills necessary
- Social media experience necessary
- Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communications skills
- Office administration experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Photoshop/ Illustrator
- Good judgment and professional demeanor
- Ability to work with diverse group of people in a frequently fast-paced environment)
- Ability to work independently and as part of small office team
- Availability to work some nights and weekends to assist with fundraising events
- Interest or experience in Southeast Asia preferred
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
This is a full time position. Benefits include healthcare coverage, 3-week paid vacation, sick leave, and a retirement plan after probation period of 3 months.
Email a resume, cover letter and one writing sample to HR@fwab.org with “Manager of Communications and Development” in the subject line. Please indicate salary requirements in your cover letter.