Apart from the full-time positions posted below, LFHC welcomes medical volunteers of all specialties on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please visit Volunteer in Laos for more information.
Position: Director of Nursing
Location: Luang Prabang, Lao PDR
Date posted: June 2020
Starting Date: October 2020
Period: Two years
The Director of Nursing will manage all aspects of nursing within the hospital to ensure that the organization and professional standards of nursing are developed to the highest level possible. He/She will collaborate with the Nurse Educator on all aspects of nursing education at LFHC. The Director of Nursing will have an active role in the design and implementation of clinical practice guidelines and the introduction of policies and procedures that will ensure the delivery of safe, efficient and effective clinical care.
Together with the other members of the LFHC executive staff, the Director of Nursing will provide leadership and strategic direction to the hospital. They will be actively involved in the planning, development and operationalization of strategic planning and quality assurance models along with new clinical services.
• Manage all aspects of the LFHC nursing team with a focus on providing education, training and professional development;
• Develop leadership within the Lao nursing team to enable sustainable Laotian management;
• Recruit, support and guide international nursing volunteers;
• Closely work with the other executive staff members to ensure LFHC has a coordinated, multidisciplinary clinical team that provides safe and effective clinical care to children;
• Supervise the infection control hospital activity;
• Assist in the development of both nursing-specific and hospital-wide medical policies, protocols and practice guidelines.
1) A university degree in nursing from a recognized training institution;
2) Recent acute pediatric clinical experience in a hospital setting;
3) Nursing management experience;
4) Commitment to providing compassionate and nurturing care to patients;
5) A high degree of cultural awareness;
6) Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills;
7) Willing to work in a multicultural team setting.
1) International experience in providing pediatric nursing care;
2) Experience in teaching RNs in a developing-country setting with English as their second language;
3) Knowledge of Excel, R, SPSS, STATA.
Salary and Benefits
Housing allowance; travel allowance; salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application Please email a cover letter, resume and three references from past employers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Position: Nurse Educator
Status: Full time
Location: Luang Prabang, Laos
Period: One-year contract (Extension Possible)
The Nurse Educator is primarily responsible for the education, training and development of the LFHC nursing team. This includes the development and delivery of education and training, implementation of education curriculums, coordination of external training and development of trainers amongst the local nursing team. In addition to this the Nurse Educator works in close collaboration with the Nursing Director, assisting with the organization, recruitment, rostering, support of international nursing volunteers and the development of clinical guidelines and protocols. The role includes clinical shifts, both in a mentoring capacity and in the role of the volunteer nurse.
Qualifications and Attributes
- An internationally recognized university degree in nursing is essential
- Experience caring for high acuity/critically unwell pediatric patients, strongly preferred
- International experience in providing pediatric nursing care, strongly preferred
- Experience in teaching nurses in a developing setting with English as a second language, preferred
- Ability to interact with people from various countries and backgrounds with tact, diplomacy and poise
- Demonstrated leadership ability with strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to providing compassionate and nurturing care to our patients and families, while achieving the strategic and operational goals of LFHC
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively in a varied and dynamic team
Salary and Benefits
Housing allowance; travel allowance; health insurance; and salary competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references from past employers to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.