Aside from the full-time positions posted below, LFHC welcomes medical volunteers of all specialties on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please visit Volunteer in Laos for more information.
Position: Supervising Pediatrician
Status: Full time
Location: Luang Prabang, Laos
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Period: Minimum of one year
Given the high volumes and fascinating pathology seen at LFHC, we are seeking a Supervising Pediatrician. The position will include a mix of clinical shifts in the outpatient department, emergency department, inpatient department, neonatal unit, as well as some night shifts. Direct clinical work is performed by our excellent staff of Lao doctors and a major responsibility of the role will also be to provide bedside education, mentoring, and guidance. It is anticipated that after a few successful weeks in the role, you will also be able to share back-up (day and night) call with the hospital’s Executive Doctors (Executive Director, Medical Director, Medical Education Director), providing guidance to visiting volunteer doctors. Opportunities to contribute to clinical practice guidelines, quality improvement projects, pediatric education, and research projects will also be available, depending on interest.
- Providing education, close supervision and assistance with clinical care to Lao medical staff throughout the hospital.
- Close collaboration with LFHC Executive Doctors on all aspects of clinical supervision and staff education.
- Sharing back-up call (day and night) with Executive Doctors.
- Lead by example in demonstrating excellent care on a daily basis.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- A Medical Degree from an internationally recognized medical school;
- Registration to practice clinical medicine in the applicant’s home country;
- A higher qualification and at least 2 years independent practice in Pediatrics;
- Commitment to providing compassionate and nurturing care to patients;
- A high degree of humility, patience and cultural awareness.
- Additional training or experience in acute pediatrics and tropical medicine;
- Experience working in a developing country;
- Teaching experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and other benefits will be provided. Luang Prabang is an amazing and lovely place to live and work.
Application and Inquiries:
Please email a cover letter, CV and three references from past employers to email@example.com with the subject line “Supervising Pediatrician.” Questions about the position may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This video will give you a sense of working at LFHC. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.