Aside from the full-time position posted below, LFHC welcomes medical volunteers of all specialties on a rolling basis throughout the year. Doctors, nurses, and other trained medical specialists are welcome to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Please visit Volunteer in Laos for more information.
Position: English Teacher/Coordinator
Status: Full time
Location: Luang Prabang, Laos
Reports Jointly to: Executive Director, Lao Friends Hospital for Children
Starting Date: May 2018
The primary role of the Coordinator and Teacher of the English Language Program is to teach written and spoken English to the hospital staff. Flexible and innovative teaching techniques are required to inspire and motivate staff to achieve a level of English that enables them to perform their hospital roles.
1) A formal qualification in teaching ESL or TESOL from an Educational Institute
2) Experience teaching English in a country where English is not the native language
3) A flexible teaching approach and style that adapts to learners’ needs
4) Proficiency in classroom and timetable management
1) A formal teaching qualification from a University or similar
2) Experience primarily related to teaching adult learners
3) Experience in teaching medical terminology
4) Knowledge of Laotian people, language and culture
Application and Inquiries:
Please email a cover letter, resume and the contact details of 2 referees to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.