Aside from the full-time positions posted below, LFHC welcomes medical volunteers of all specialties on a rolling basis throughout the year. Doctors, nurses, and other trained medical specialists are welcome to send their resume to email@example.com at any time. Please visit Volunteer in Laos for more information.
Position: Executive Director
Status: Full time
Location: Luang Prabang, Laos
Reports to: Friends Without A Border Board of Directors
Starting Date: January 1, 2019
Period: Minimum two-year contract
The Executive Director (ED) will provide leadership and strategic direction for the hospital ensuring that it functions effectively and achieves its aims and objectives; namely the provision of world class medical care, education of staff, and community disease prevention. To achieve this, the ED will work closely with representatives of the Luang Prabang Provincial Health Department and Hospital developing a harmonious working relationship that promotes the integrated delivery of compassionate and quality health care to children in the Luang Prabang Province.
The ED will liaise with the FWAB Board developing strategic priorities, building and monitoring budgets, and providing the Board with information on a regular basis. The ED will also liaise with the FWAB Board and staff to coordinate local and international fundraising, including grant applications and management of the local Friends Gallery.
- A Medical Degree from an internationally recognized university
- Registration to practice clinical medicine in the applicant’s home country
- Recent clinical experience in the practice of acute pediatric medicine
- Management and budgeting experience in a health care setting
- Demonstrated high quality communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Commitment to providing compassionate and nurturing care to patients
- A higher qualification in a health or management field
- Experience working in a developing country
Application and Inquiries:
Please email a cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director.”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.