Apart from the full-time positions posted below, LFHC welcomes medical volunteers of all specialties on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please visit Volunteer in Laos for more information.
Position: Consultant Pediatrician
Status: Full time
Location: Luang Prabang, Laos
Period: 12+ months
Supervisor: Medical Director
Given the high volumes and fascinating pathology seen at LFHC, we are seeking a Consultant Pediatrician for a long-term posting. The position will include a mix of clinical shifts in the outpatient department, emergency department, inpatient department, neonatal unit, and night shifts. Direct clinical work is performed by our excellent staff of Lao doctors and a major responsibility of the role will also be to provide bedside education, mentoring, and guidance during clinical shifts. The position will share back-up (day and night) call with the Medical Director and Medical Education Director, providing guidance to Lao and visiting volunteer doctors
Qualifications and Attributes
1) A Medical Degree from a nationally recognized medical school;
2) Registration to practice clinical medicine in the applicant’s home country;
3) Qualified Pediatrician;
4) Commitment to providing compassionate and nurturing care to patients;
5) A high degree of humility, patience, and cultural awareness.
1) Additional training or experience in acute pediatrics and tropical medicine;
2) Experience working in a developing country;
3) Teaching experience.
Specific Duties Include:
1) Providing bedside education, consultation, and assistance with clinical care to Lao medical staff;
2) Close collaboration with LFHC Medical Executive Team (Medical Director, Medical Education Director, Nursing Education Director and Nursing Director) on all aspects of clinical supervision and staff education;
3) Sharing back-up call (day and night);
4) Lead by example in demonstrating excellent care on a daily basis.
Salary and Benefits
This is a funded role with health benefits, housing allowance, travel to and from point of hire and four weeks of annual leave.
Please email a cover letter, CV, and three references from past employers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Consultant Pediatrician”. Questions about the position may be sent to mailto:email@example.com.
Visit www.fwab.org/laos for further information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.